About Me

My photo
Stratford, Canada
Just an average guy with something to say.

Followers

Tuesday 9 August 2011

An update from previous posts!

Well it's been a few days since I last posted something on this blog... I am still wondering what it will take to get noticed on here. I mean I do have two followers but that's it... I know I have some interesting ramblings but really... are they only interesting to me?

If you have been following my blog of "this and that" then you will recall I spent some time the other day on a hike in Spencer's Gorge which is located in Dundas, Ontario, just a bit north of Hamilton. As I said then, this was a beautiful place and I had no idea that the water falls we came upon even existed. I had promised that I would post a few pictures once I had perfected them a little bit (yes that would mean making a few photoshop corrections). Well here they are: The first is known as Lower Tews Falls. This was a wonderful spot and although there were not that many people around the area some were swimming right under the falls.




The next picture is Upper Tews Falls. This again was a spectacular site and I have taken this picture from thge valley below the crest of the falls.

This again was a spectacular site and I have taken this picture from thge valley below the crest of the falls. These particular falls cascade approximately 43 metres as they tumble downward. The water amount was low on this day as the dry weather certainly played a role in the rivers flow.  I had a wondeful experience on this hike.
I will be heading for the cottage life over the next couple of days so my blog will be silent until I return. There is something to be said about the serenity one enjoy's when out in the middle of nowhere without a signal for the blackberry or any type of internet connection....

8 comments:

  1. I would like to experience "cottage life" at some point. I can't imagine how nice it must be to escape it all and live more simply for a while. Jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you mentioned about getting more followers--anyway you can add a Pinterest, Tumblr and Stumble sharing icons? They are some great ways for people to share! If you can, add them! Also a categories widget would be great in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant *can you add*! Too tired tonight to type straight!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you give some updates on the cottage once back on air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos.

    ReplyDelete