About Me

My photo
Stratford, Canada
Just an average guy with something to say.

Followers

Thursday 4 August 2011

I have a follower... Welcome...now back to the nonsense

It's been an interesting week so far since my last post, interesting in that I finally have a follower... Thank you Tammy B for showing some interest in a guy who really has nothing to say. I hope I can keep you intrigued and that you will tell some of your followers and friends about this blog and see if we can get this party picked up a bit.

I have just completed a photography course on Adobe's Lightroom 3. A fascinating program that really can take the worst photograph and make into something of a wonder. I will get around to posting some of my photography on here but I am trying to decide what to showcase? I am sure I will figure this out soon. In fact, I plan to work on a few things today. For anyone interested, I do have some of my work on a great site called redbubble... just do a search for SayVan at redbubble.com and you should find me. As I indicated in my original post, I love this great hobby of photography. A photograph can say so much and have so many different meanings to each eye that views it. Where some see happiness, others will see sadness. Some may see a memory or perhaps want to create the same memory. What I love about it is it is subjective. What it means to the artist can be so different in what it means to the viewer. Art is really like that over all I guess... but look at me, I am digressing here... heading off in a direction that I have know idea where I will end up.

So what was it I wanted to blog about today anyway? I started off by saying its been an interesting week. As I start to write, I can't even think of what else (besides Tammy B following me) has been interesting. Let's see I get up each day, I head off to work, sometimes decide to simply work from home and usually meet up with some friends or meet my kids for dinner. Yes that right, did I mention previous that I am a divorced dad with two great kids. My oldest is 18 and about to embark on University in the fall, while my youngest is 14 and about to start high school. It's tough not seeing them everyday (we live about 2 hrs apart) but you do what you can and try to get there as often as life will allow. Sometimes you simply have to force life to allow it. I have a new partner in my life and she quite frankly, is a beautiful lady who is also a divorced mom of three that range in age from 18 -22. All in all, when everyone is together its a full house. I can talk about all of this another time though. Why bore you with these simplistic and common details.

I am intrigued by this whole idea of blogging. I have been thinking about getting into this for some time. It's interesting that others would really care what someone else had to say. It's apparent that people do, I mean look at the amount of people who blog. They blog about everything from politics to religion to sports to you know, this...that... and whatever else one can think of. You get it right... I don't really have anything to say today. Well I do, but I am not sure how to say it. In a way, I feel like Andy Rooney from 60 minutes.... he ends the show every week with some kind of far fetched comment. Sometimes it makes you smile and sometime it makes you think ...you know...hmmmm.... stuff like that. At the end of the day he really hasn't said anything...

Kinda like this entry in a blog about "this...that and whatever else I can think of..." So there you go... today's entry. Did it give you some more insight into the author of this blog?... I hope so... did it make you think? perhaps it made you think why am I reading this? Is it enough to make you return? Perhaps... I hope so...

Have a good day.... take care and until the next time .... oh.. before you go.... Happy Birthday Mr. President. Yep that's right... I am a Canadian but if I was an American I would be a Democrat. Now that should leave you thinking about possible topics to come...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I shall be your 2nd follower:D You mentioned you like photography... so where are they? SOme photos in the blog would be great:) Kinda good for the eyes to rest on beautiful photos before continuing to read on. Just a suggestion anyway, have a great day ahead, I am on the other side of midnight:D Nite!

    ReplyDelete