About Me

My photo
Stratford, Canada
Just an average guy with something to say.

Followers

Saturday 6 August 2011

Saturday, Weather and $300 advice...

Saturday.... As I look out my window this morning the day is overcast but warm. I am sitting at the Kitchen table, I can see my deck, the grass starting to turn green again after some rain, however it was very dry for the longest time and the grass was pretty much brown and crunchy. I am amazed how one heavy rain for only a few hours can change the canvas on which mother nature paints... from brown to green just like that. I personally love the heat and warmth.  It's hard to believe that it is August already. One full week of this month complete, time sure does fly by.... I always get this feeling around the end of July that we are about to turn that corner towards the cold. I am not a winter person at all. Here in South Western Ontario, we get blasted with snow and cold weather probably for upwards of 8 months out of the year (OK maybe that's an exaggeration but it sure does seem that way come January). Why do I live in this climate I have to ask myself? I will blame my parents for now but that would be a whole other blog entry discussion to have ... I should wait till it's cold out for that one (he stares out the window dreading the coming cold). Here is a quick look at an example of the amount of snow we get at times.

Welcome aboard Jeannie and thanks for looking in on my blog.  Thank you also for some of the advice on how to make the blog that more intriguing. I shall post a picture today for you.

Yesterday, we had a bit of an incident when our 5 year old Golden Doodle started hobbling around on three paws instead of her normal four. We are not sure what happened really but according to the $300 dollar advice from our Veterinarian, she seems to have sprained her left front paw! They have put her on an anti-inflammatory drug and she does seem to be getting around a bit better today. Lucy is a great dog who is very smart and gentle. She shall be one of my first attempts at a picture in the blog. They  (our pets) truly are a part of the family.

This is Lucy with my wife as we walk along the river in this beautiful town of Stratford in which we live. Now this picture was taken about a year ago in the fall so for those reading from the south, Canada is not that cold in August that we need to wear sweaters....

So there you have my first attempt at adding pictures... I actually wanted to add the picture from photobucket but for some reason that would not work.... not sure why? If anyone knows please let me know... Have a great Saturday folks... I just saw the sun peek through the clouds so I shall head out to the great outdoors... After all, if you look at the snow picture above I have to take in every minute I can of the warm summer weather..


No comments:

Post a Comment